Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Friday, September 17, 2004

There are four shots in me; one is Lead the other three are Bourbon - Calvin the Private Eye

Yesterday had my first three, large, pegs of ChevasRegal whiskey, of any whiskey for that matter. Stayed up a good part of the night and among other things, wrote this below poem. If anyone can translate it to Hindi/Urdu, they are welcome to knock my nickname off the last verse and put their own.

Got Drunk

That killing look of yours,
Wanted to drink, got drunk

On a moonlitnight, thinking of you,
Wanted to drink, got drunk

O pills! This love stuff is not for you, you
Wanted to drink, got drunk

There is/was one more verse, but I am ditching it. The translator is free to add more if he/she wants.

And, of course, if you think the poem is silly stuff, you can always tell me.

---

Sometime in the morning I was reminded of the Umbrella Man who used to steal umbrellas and sell them for Whiskey, every year, in 9th standard textbooks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home