Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Monday, March 02, 2009

For the love of fish

I am the big bear,
Wet, by the stream side,
Plucking salmon out of thin air,
Stashing them away in his great coat,
Preparing for winter peace again.

I am the first monkey,
That bit into a crunchy sardine,
And found his brain go suddenly tick-tick
And his tail shrink a bit.

I am the marlin,
Tempted by the fisherman's tuna.
I am the tuna,
Tempted by the fisherman's sardine.
I am the grinning shark,
Aftering shoals.

I am Anant,
And I love fish.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anant
The country is celebrating Id-e-Milad and is preparing to celebrate
Holi tomorrow. Unfortunately, the Kachroo family will not be
celebrating Holi as they are grieving loss of their son. Neither I
know Kachroos nor I knew Aman. However, the mindless killing of a 19
year old by his seniors in the name of ragging has shaken me. Tomorrow
it could be my boss’s son, ten years down the line it could be my
son.



With the increasing privatization of higher education in India,
academic institutions in India have been experiencing increasing
ragging-related excesses. Despite the Raghavan Committee's
recommendations and the Supreme Court's recent observations, most of
the universities and colleges in the State have not taken any serious
action to curb the menace of ragging on their campuses. Have we become
so insensitive that we shall let these incidents pass as a hit and run
case?



There is a Facebook group "LET US SHOUT AGAINST RAGGING: PROTEST
AGAINST THE TRAGIC DEATH OF AMAN" against ragging. Will it be possible
for you to ask your readers to join it to make a voice against this
menance.

Regards

Ankit
Mumbai

Wed Mar 11, 05:56:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous sandeep said...

Nice poetry...

Fri Feb 03, 11:57:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home