Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Those good old days

The other day, some train of thought or other led me to think of my school days. When every day, every test, every exam, just about everything was a cakewalk (except maybe Physics lab where one could never get the readings right). All I had to do was enjoy myself, study a bit, play a lot and still top the class. While the others worked hard, agonized and went to dreadful tuitions. I think those days I did'nt realize how lucky I was to be in the middle of an education system where nerds like me have it easy! I was feeling so thankful for those wonder years that day - more so because it's not obvious to me what I had done to have such a good time.

The concept of Karma is needed to explain such good fortune.

College onwards it was and has been real life, so to speak. And does it suck! Tough competition all around. The raised bars. Suddenly things being not so much of a cakewalk anymore.

And of course many of those I used to leave behind in studies in school are more successful than me today. Socially, Emotionally, Financially.... I am not complaining against them. But look how screwed up our education system is. That nerds get to feel like Kings for twelve whole years.

But perhaps things have changed today. Afterall its been quite some time since I went to school.

Wonder why I am ranting like this. Perhaps I just miss blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home