Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Mr and Mrs Kamath

Mr and Mrs Kamath. How nice that sounds.

Those of you who have quickly jumped to the conclusion that I am getting married please climb back up. I am not getting married. I am not even sure I would like to be married. I haven't thought all those things through. But some train of thought led to Mr and Mrs Iyer and I suddenly thought why not Mr and Mrs Kamath. How nice that sounds.

Mr and Mrs Kamath. Ah! How nice that sounds. Though Dr and Mrs Kamath would sound nicer and Mr and Dr Mrs Kamath would sound nicer still. But back to Mr and Mrs Kamath. How nice that sounds.

The winter-spring transition is glorious in Bangalore. The sun is just right. The lighting is just bright. Walking about in the toasty sunshine all you want to do is stretch and smile happily. I was telling Vivek today how lucky he was, in this weather, to be married.

There are lots of things to this Mr and Mrs thing. It means breakfast together and newspapers and lots of kids and walks in the evening. It also means lots of other things which I am not thinking about right now. No no, not those things. Those things I am thinking about. But those other things, those other things are what I am not thinking about.

Mr and Mrs Kamath. Ah! How nice that sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home