Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Friday, October 15, 2004

Ekla Chalo

I like to go for solitary walks sometimes and on these walks sometimes I sing. One day, I walked from Home to our old office, GVH, till CABS. On the way there I was singing -- all the songs that I like to listen, even some which sound good sometimes but I don't really care for. So there was this jogger who overtook me while I was singing, pretty loudly, "Yeh Doulat bhi le lo, yeh shohorat bhi lelo" (This is one of the songs I really don't care too much for, because it doesn't sound too believable - bachpan ke din and all is fine but I for one am not willing to part with what little Daulat and Shohorat I have) So this jogger crossed me and jogged all the way to CABS and on his way back he was walking and we crossed again. This time he was singing something. I was convinced that my singing had inspired him and I got a kick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home