Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

The 'Laila Majnu' casettee came in a pathetic cardboard case, like the one you get playing cards in. It was priced at 28 bucks and I bought it only to make a threesome and get a 30% discount in Music World. But turns out it has an extremely good good-song density. Featured good-songs are:

'Husn Hazir Hai' 'Hoke Mayus Tere Dar Se' 'Is Reshmi Paazeb ki Jhankar' 'Ab Agar hamse khudai bhi khafa ho jaaye' 'Tere Dar Pe Aaya hoon' 'Barabad-e-Mohabbat ki Dua Saath liye ja' and the Quwwali which has given me one of the bigger kicks in recent times, 'Deewane Ki Zid', parts of which make up my previous post.

I have this habit of playing some casette before going to bed (I have written about this before). Often I fall asleep midway through. So I am often very familiar with the first two songs on each side, but hardly listen carefully to the songs towards the end. So some Saturday when I laze about in bed, without being sleepy, I get pleasant surprises on discovering some extremely beautiful song in one of my casettes.

I discovered the fast paced, high pitched, single-voiced, Rafi Quawwali, 'Tere Deewane ki Zid' this Saturday and I am still pretty kicked about it and want to sing it (ahem!) all the time. Besides the good music and the fundoo singing it has an overdose of lyrical improvisations (in this case pre-planned, ofcourse; it's a film song) which make Quwwali such an adrenalin-pumping, ecstacy-inducing genre of music.

The other song I really love on the casette is 'Barbad-e-mohabbat ki Dua Saath liye ja'. I will leave that for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home