Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Thursday, April 22, 2004

The other day a couple of friends and I went to Zak's, the Arabic restaurant in Fraser Town. It was a day of goof-ups on the part of the waiters there.

First they gave my Chicken roll to DD and his Veg roll to me. We both started enthusiastically on them. Fortunately DD is a Non-Veggie who is on a Veg-spell. Then, they brought Chicken Biryani, where we had asked for Grilled Chicken with rice. We cribbed, and the extra grilled chicken was brought to us in the end. Also brought in the end was some sort of a masala to go with the Chicken Biryani.

Vineet, my ITC friend, was getting pretty excited about the whole thing and cribbing a lot and we pulled his leg for being only used to Five Star Hotels.

The best part came in the end, when a steaming bar of sweet-dish in hot syrup was placed before us. I thought it was a complimentary thing, their compensation for the goofups of the day, and immediately put my fingers to it. It was too hot and I could only take a kutti piece off. Then the waiter came. There had been another goof-up. He took that sweet-dish off our table and on to the next!

The girl on the next table had seen all that had happened. But she was kind hearted, and did not ask for a fresh plate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home