Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Monday, January 12, 2004

On Friday the 9th, our group went for a picnic to a resort. I had a lot of fun. Started with an ok-types breakfast, played Tennis a bit. Tried my hand at miniature-golf and then ah! swam quite a lot. Played a bit of waterpolo, swam again. Lay down, with the sun on my face, on comfortable pool chairs, swam some more...

Lunch was bad and cold. Gajar halwa was ok.

In the afternoon there was variety entertainment. Among other stuff, Sumeet Kulks (sumtya.blogspot) did the first show (may not be the first actually) of his own stand-up comedy which he calls 'cornucopia', which is he says, A copious ensemble of corny jokes. It was a jolly good show, what! I specially liked the 'fast buck' joke. Way to go Sumeet.

I was a bit jealous of Sumeet, actually, him going on stage and making people laugh and all. But I guess it's OK. Envy, as well as Imitation, is a form of flattery.

I have lots more to say about the picnic. I will save it for the lean days. You guys should look out for it, since the rest of it is mostly pretty mailicious stuff :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home