Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Sunday, January 11, 2004

I somehow can't stop making jokes at my friends' expense -- a bit like Chandler Bing. I have a sneaking suspicion that this makes me a bit less likable, and for sometime now I have been trying hard to hope that I will learn to moderate this annoying habit. But in vain. I just want to say that no ill will or malice is involved when I crack those jokes. Perhaps a touch of cruelty? No. No Cruelty. Just Unkindness. If it's a comfort, I would like to bring to everybody's notice that I am quite impartial and crack jokes at anyone and everyone if there is an opportunity.

However, as Ankur Saboo pointed out insightfully the other day, if you keep cracking a joke along the same lines, it might begin to hurt. This, I suspect, he is saying from personal experience with me. And I too have suffered a similar fate at my friends' hands once or twice. Saboo, point taken. From now on I will count till 4 before cracking a joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home