Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Sunday, December 21, 2003

There's a wall painting of a Rooster and a Hen on one of the walls of the Casa Piccola on CMH road.

That rooster reminds me of a rooster-painting competition I once participated in. It was a regular painting competition, I mean, but the topics were given in advance. One of the two topics was : Rooster.

On my first practice attempt, which happened in the drawing class I think, I drew my best Rooster. He had a crown and feathers and legs and stuff. And he was a pretty well-fed rooster too. Any decent hen, if you got her a bit drunk, would have easily fallen for him. But seriously, I think He was a pretty good rooster. Actually he was very similar to the one on the Casa Piccola walls.

But what happened, I got a bit ambitious, and perhaps a bit insecure. I thought, would just a mere rooster win the prize. So I started drawing stuff around the Rooster, like a hut and a winding road etc. My final practice picture, which I duplicated during the contest, contained a glorious sunrise over the hills, a serene river, waving fields, birds in the sky, besides the winding road and the hut and a small, okay types Rooster in the lower right hand corner, just above my signature.

Sheesh. To think I could have won the prize!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home