Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Friday, December 05, 2003

In the syama-vine I see your slender limbs;
your glance in the gazelle's startled eye;
the cool radiance of the moon in your face;
your tresses in the peacock's luxuriant train;
your eyebrow's graceful curve in the stream's small waves,
but alas! O Cruel One, I see not
your whole likeness anywhere in any one thing.


This above creation is not mine but Kalidasa's.

When you read my blog, perhaps you wonder about the amount of de-focus there is in my literary interests. I wonder too. Now, I am listening to Ghalib, then I go back to Tyagaraja. Now I buy a casette of Meer's Ghazals, then I read Kalidasa's epics (translated, ofcourse). About a year back I was crazy about Sufi Music. Now I can just about bear it. Several old hindi songs have dropped out of the list of favourites.

There is de-focus in my life, otherwise too.

Religion. Now, I am praying to Goddess Saraswati to make me a learned man, then, I think what about Lakshmi.

Love. I let every Eena, Meena, Deeka break my silly heart.

Focus. I say. Focus, is what is required in my life:-). I must drop, at once, this child-in-a-toy-shop attitude. One God. One love. One Poet. That is the only way to bliss, fame and salvation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home