Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

In our cafetaria, the chap who serves the idli and the dosa in the morning, he wears a plastic glove. And then you pay him he takes the money with the same gloved hand. Needless to say the gloves are useless show-pieces.

I had (and quite a few others have too) noticed this long ago, but I am writing about it now because I saw some gross ways money is handled by junta when I went home over the weekend.

The first scene was when I went to the fish market with my father.(The fish market is an amazing place and I love going there. Will write about it sometime). The fisherwoman had to return some change and the way she took out those soiled, almost wet 10 buck notes out of her purse...

The second was when I was waiting for my bus at Kamat Travels Office. Some guy had just blown his kid's nose. He started looking for a kerchief in his shirt pocket but kept finding 10 buck notes instead. Ewww...

I am getting me a credit card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home