Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Thursday, September 25, 2003

Saw "Joan of Arc" yesterday. On TV.

These days we are getting food delivered at home. So I generally go home around 8.00, eat a quick dinner, read for around half an hour and be ready to catch whatever movie is coming at 9.00.

I missed "Joan of Arc" last time they were playing it and I did so want to watch it because I have this thing for historical movies. The movie is set in 15th Century France. Got to see some interesting war weapons, but otherwise the movie was pretty painful. It was quite long too.I suspect, a lot of philosophical fundaes put in the movie but I had no stomach for them after a hearty dinner.

The day before saw "Kabhie Kabhie" on cable. I have heard so many people sing "Kabhie kabhie mere dil me" that I just can't hear it now. I used to sing it N times too. But there are a couple of other good songs in the movie -" Mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari" and "Main pal do pal ka shayir hoon".

These lines are from the latter song:

Kal aur aayenge nagamon ki khilati kaliyan chunane waale
Mujhase behetar kehane waale tum se behetar sunane waale

***
The Mr.P's episode which I record in my previous post ended somewhat anti-climactically. The check, it seems, bounced because of some banking errors. My bank re-presented it and it has since been cleared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home