Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Friday, July 04, 2003

My flute note-book has Esha Deol on the cover-page.
That note-book was given during Training in Manipal.
My flute sir noticed the photo the other day and said with sad amusement to the rest of his students in Kannada "Kahan Music aur kahan yeh sab...". That was the beginning of my going red in the ears that day.

I wasn't too embarassed or anything. The other guys were giving me looks of understanding which probably meant "the old man has old-fashioned ideas". I was pained because an old and learned person could "judge a book by its cover". Well, no one is perfect.

In the next class one of my classmates suggested that I cover the book quickly or I would get in trouble again. I didnt want to do it, as a matter of prinicple. But I have taken the easy way out and have covered it with a newspaper. Let me see if I get a look of approval from the master the next time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home