Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Today I start contributing to pollution and congestion in Bangalore and to Global Warming and perhaps to trigger a price rise in petrol and begin to cause future American Wars on Iraq, Saudi Arabia or any other major-minor oil producing countries.

I bought a bike today.

It is a strange feeling. It is the costliest thing I have ever owned, except for a degree, maybe. There are butterflies in the stomach and it feels really really awkward to sit on my own bike.

I have yet to decide whether or not I will get a pooja of the bike done, as the fellow at the Yamaha showroom, who showed me the tool compartment, suggested, before touching me for 50 bucks.

I can't ride a bike confidently yet and Som had to ride most of the way home. But I am going on the bike next time I want to give the clothes to the laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home