Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Friday, July 04, 2003

The reader might notice that the description of my blog has changed from "Selected Thoughts of Anant S Kamath" to "Transient Thoughts".

When I had first called my blog "Selected Thoughts of Anant S Kamath", I had not meant it the same way as publishers mean when they bring out, for example, "Selected Works of O'Henry". The "Selected" in the latter case means "The best" or "The preferred". In my case it meant "publishable" or "tolerable" and mainly "share-able". That is, what appears on my blog is only part of the way I think. Sometimes. That is what "The selected" was supposed to mean. I am removing the word "Selected" because I might have conveyed the wrong meaning.

The motives for removing the "of Anant S Kamath" have philosophical origins, which I will describe some other time.

Let me explain the need for adding "transient". Transient is supposed to mean temporary. Some thoughts published here are thus what just occured to me that day, or even while I was typing. They are thougths which have not been given second thoughts. They are thoughts for which I take no responsiblity. I might retract those thoughts the very next day. They are thoughts I might not defend or even acknowledge in a discussion. I havent chewed on those thoughts. They might not reflect my fundamental, steady state, average values and attitudes in life.
They might not reflect who I am. Warning: They might be thoughts I wrote to get typing practice.

Okay let me apologize for assuming that the reader would be interested in reading the junk I have typed above. Not all of it (or of this), as the above paragraph disclaims in detail, is honest stuff. I am also sorry for sounding rude, pompous, conceited, condescending, obnoxious...I am sorry for occasionally lying.

The blog description is subject to further change depending on availability of blog topics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home