Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Saturday, June 21, 2003

So at last I start Blogging.
A long time ago, Sumeet introduced me to the concept of Blogging. I was interested then, but not too much. But at last the desire to be read took over and Som enthusiastically helped me to set the whole thing up-comments, counters and all-in no time.

Had a very enjoyable Saturday morning. After a much needed hair cut, played some good football. The weather was good. Cloudy, slight breeze, with just a bit of sun. Came home exhausted but fresh, if you know what I mean. Then a shave and a bath. Water very hot and steamy to start with, slightly warm later on, cold towards the end. Head Bath after a hair cut is something else. ( Of course only half of humankind has the privilage of cropping hair close). Might I add that Mysore Sandal is an excellent soap. Next puts lots of hair-oil in the head, making me a bit sleepy, adding to the feeling of contentment.

Ah! Good music! Utsav. The song "Saanjh dhale, gagan tale" is of course famous, but there is another song, I dont know if that is also well known, with similar lyrics and tune, sung by Lata Mangeshkar and chorous which is I like even better. The chorous "Ham sab ke nainon mein kiranon keeee paakhi.." is sudden and sharp and ... Makes you feel like lovingly caressing the tape-recorder or even hugging it. Okay, okay, reach for the salt if you will!

So I slept on the mat in the hall, after a haircut, a football match and a hot water bath, with Utsav playing right next to my ears. As I said, I had a very enjoyable Saturday morning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.indohistory.com/literature.html

Try this for hindi literature

Tue Apr 08, 01:21:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home