Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Monday, November 01, 2004

The dark idol of Ganesha was dressed so simply - in just a fine off-white dhoti - that my devotion multiplied several times. The sligthly popping eyes gave the impression fo mock reproach, of avuncular, reluctant strictness. I folded my palms, bent my head and made the usual request. Siddhi and Buddhi. Accomplishment and Wisdom. A tough to achieve combo but very rewarding. Om Sri Ganeshaya Namah.

I have specific things to ask of every God, which is probably how it was meant to be, and it gives me something to do in temples. And something to say to myself when I have folded my palms, bent my head and closed my eyes. From Goddess Saraswati I ask for a thirst for knowledge and learning that is continuously quenched but continuously unquenched, from Lakshmi that I may have slightly more than I want, and considerably more than I need, from Siva strength with forbearance, greatness with simplicity, from Krishna worldly wisdom, joy and the affections of many women (at times some particular woman). I ask for Generosity from all Gods and I don't know which God to ask to humility for I figure I must need that too. And there are Gods who I don't know what to ask from.

I don't do anything particular to propitiate any God but I assure them all, all support from my side should they decide to help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home