Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Thursday, July 17, 2003

Today morning I let my supervisor down when he was trying to pull a con-job on Kirti, a summer trainee whom I was guiding. He told him that I told him that he had to stay one more month and finish off some more work. Everything was going on fine, and Keerti was probably on the edge, till they came to my cubicle and Prakash (my Supi) said to me "Hey Anant, You only told me right? That Kirti has to stay one more month and finish some more work" Immediately, without a thought, I said, "No. I only said..." Then I stopped. I realized. But it was too late. Prakash burst out laughing.

I am an ok types co-prankster if I am given advance notice. But on the spur of the moment? Unh Hunh!

In the afternoon, during lunch, our group pulled a prank on Prakash. We told him that we had planned a vacation near Nainitaal and we were taking two weeks off ( In the middle of the project!). We have since gone and applied for leave also. We do it on the net so a mail will go to Prakash. I don't know if he'll fall for the whole thing. My guess is he won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home