Writer's Blog

Transient Thoughts

Friday, March 16, 2007

Forrest Gump

Today morning as I approached the bus-stop from a distance I saw the bus arriving. I ran, tentatively at first, since I have been nursing an injured knee, and then, in desperation, full speed. The joy of running! Especially at your max speed, when your body can't but settle into that perfect rhythm. I missed the bus by about ten seconds, but I felt like Forrest Gump as he broke his braces.

I was thinking about that when I remembered a scene from The Godfather III (the spoof). The would-be Don Corleone is a little kid with leg-braces, selling flowers. He gets into trouble with some goons and has to run for his life. Guess what his little girl-friend says to him in encouragement. 'Run, florist, run!'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home